Thursday, May 1, 2008

May Day

Almost a week now since I have posted. Not too much going on except that I have been sick since Sunday with two virulent (that's a hard word to spell!) bugs, one right after the other. Just when the coast looked clear on the first one, the second one descended with a vengeance (another hard word to spell!) Not too much going on here. My two golf leagues are starting up, in fact, my first play day should have been today but I didn't feel well enough to go. Still had a fever.

I had my annual physical exam yesterday, and despite the bugs, I checked out very well. I need to have a bone density test (due to age) done, but the last time I had one of those, the results were good and I imagine they will be good this time, too. My cholesterol is always excellent, blood sugar, and all that. The doctor was very impressed with my weight loss, but made sure to ask HOW I had lost this weight when I wasn't exercising much. Good question. I told her I was making efforts to eat heathily, although I've pretty much always done that... but trying to eat more fruits, veggies and fiber. I also told her that I would not deny myself pizza, lol, and she agreed with that. I do think that it helps to turn up at Weight Watchers as well, especially with the excellent moderator that leads the class I go to... and the class members themselves. Regardless of my eating pattern, just knowing I am going to weigh in is something that I find motivational. In class, we talk about a lot of subjects that pertain to how to live your life, not just how to eat. So yes, I'm a WW fan, but do I write down everything I eat, furiously measuring and adding up points? Nope. And I feel no shame for that as I don't think it is something anyone is going to do for the rest of their lives.

Well, I didn't think I had anything to say, and this was going to be a short note. (As if I've ever written a short note, lol.) Enough for now, though. Night all!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hope that the 'bugs' have turned the corner now and that you will be in top form soon. Bummer to be ill when your golf season starts.

Again, I am impressed with your motivation and approach to weight loss. Congratulations
on continuing onward toward your goal.

I Am

I am the wind in the sails of a catamaran
moving sleekly, silently and swiftly
across a lake on an August afternoon.

I am the joy of a brilliant summer sun
the intensity of relentless whitecaps
and the excitement of impending peril
as I race wildly from shore to shore.

I am exhilaration.
I am adventure.
I am freedom itself.