
I just found out, moments ago, that Nyra's painting has shown up in the Loose In The Mail Department!!! It does not appear to be damaged, in fact, the man who called said that the canvas was still rolled up. I had to describe it to him -- fortunately Nyra had emailed the picture that appears below -- and identify who the painter who had signed it was.
We are absolutely THRILLED. The man said that to have something like this that was mailed from another country get loose and then be found is indeed a miracle! I told him that's what I'd been praying for!
It is not at our post office, it is at the main one downtown, so Mary and I will drive down this afternoon and pick it up. He offered to re-package and send again by mail, but we prefer to pick it up. I will have to provide ID, but that's not a problem.
Hasn't this turned out wonderfully??? I can hardly wait to announce that we have got it in the house! We will treasure this painting always!
We are absolutely THRILLED. The man said that to have something like this that was mailed from another country get loose and then be found is indeed a miracle! I told him that's what I'd been praying for!
It is not at our post office, it is at the main one downtown, so Mary and I will drive down this afternoon and pick it up. He offered to re-package and send again by mail, but we prefer to pick it up. I will have to provide ID, but that's not a problem.
Hasn't this turned out wonderfully??? I can hardly wait to announce that we have got it in the house! We will treasure this painting always!
Later -- and here we are, back at home, painting in hand! Once I have the canvas stretched and framed, I'll post it here. Again, I am just so happy and amazed at how well this fiasco that cropped up on Monday resolved itself today on Thursday!
1 comment:
I join you in your happiness that the painting turned up. It is absolutely beautiful! I never dreamed it would be located, had thought it was most likely stolen or lost forever. There are some very good people in the post office, I have to admit! Hurrah!
Post a Comment