Friday, April 25, 2008

Home Again


We're back! I'm trying to get back on Central time, always a little tough. We had a great trip, both our Palm Springs vacation and our writer's retreat at Big Bear. Since coming home, I've been catching up on things and going to meetings and appointments. The weather was nice for the first couple of days, but part of yesterday, last night, and today we've had major thunderstorms, lots of rain, and even tornado watches. A tornado actually did touch down in another county not too far from us.


Ah well. The grass is SO green since we left, and plants are budding and popping up. Above is a picture of 'the girls' sitting on the top of the couch enjoying spring. Note the blossoms starting to come out on our weeping cherry tree as well!

No comments:

I Am

I am the wind in the sails of a catamaran
moving sleekly, silently and swiftly
across a lake on an August afternoon.

I am the joy of a brilliant summer sun
the intensity of relentless whitecaps
and the excitement of impending peril
as I race wildly from shore to shore.

I am exhilaration.
I am adventure.
I am freedom itself.