Thursday, April 29, 2010

Where Has the Time Gone?

Where has the time gone since I returned from Hawaii?

It really is looking like spring here now. Trees are budding. Grass is green. Tulips and other flowers adorn the neighborhood. The most beautiful cardinal spends a lot of time in our backyard, enjoys taking a bath in the water atop the pool cover. This is a beautiful time of year.

Thinking of the pool, today is the day we open the pool. Not that we will be able to swim in it for a while, but it is better to do it early before it warms up enough for algae to grow. And today I have a golf meeting for one of my golf groups. Yes, it is spring!

I have continued to take walks, now that I am home from Hawaii. Actually we take walks with Violet and Tulip. Mary takes Tulip, and I am in charge of Violet. Mary's 2 1/2 - year - old granddaughter Mya comes along as well if she is here, either in a stroller or walking. Last Sunday when it was miserable weather I walked 2 miles on the indoor track at the YMCA.

That's my news for now. I will try to give another update before too long.

3 comments:

Victoria said...

Good that you are still walking and spring has reached your northern realm.

Laney Garry said...

Glad to hear Spring has finally sprung where you are!

nva said...

So you have spring in your step as well as the weather!

I Am

I am the wind in the sails of a catamaran
moving sleekly, silently and swiftly
across a lake on an August afternoon.

I am the joy of a brilliant summer sun
the intensity of relentless whitecaps
and the excitement of impending peril
as I race wildly from shore to shore.

I am exhilaration.
I am adventure.
I am freedom itself.