Monday, April 19, 2010

It's Aloha Monday

Yes, it's Aloha Monday, and we will fly out of here at 4 pm and land in Chicago at 5:15 am tomorrow morning. Yes, the 5 hour time difference is going to be hard to adjust to! But we've had a great time here, so I guess we have to pay the price! Speaking of price, we have received a complimentary upgrade to fly first class, so that will make things a bit easier.

Below, Mary's last shot of my ass in Hawaii. As I said, she is just so thrilled that I am walking so far. Yesterday I walked 4 miles. Not even one time whilst walking have I ever requested to sit down and wait a few moments. I have had to do that for years, so obviously things are much better. There has even been a huge improvement in that way since our Asian cruise.

And here's Mary's pretty ass. (Does she have one?) Maybe one day mine will look like that, lol.

This is a shot along the Ala Wai Canal, a place I really like to walk because the ground is so level. Rarely have we seen canoes or outriggers on this trip, but the last day there were some.

And it was quite a decision where we should go our last night here. We thought of going to a Japanese place, but decided against it. We can see them throwing knives around in Milwaukee too. And we walked to the Outrigger Reef Hotel to check out their dining room menu. Didn't really like it. Finally we made our decision: Tiki's! Yum, once again we loved it! Note we didn't take pictures of food this time, lol. Below is the band that was playing. One of those men really reminded of Iz in a way. Those of you that know about Iz will figure that one out.



So, Aloha from Diane and Mary and Mahalo for reading our blogs!






3 comments:

Victoria said...

Welcome home. Thanks for sharing your vacation.

Peggy said...

Somehow I missed this before. Your sense of humor is always a pleasure! Glad you had such a great trip.

Anonymous said...

A little bit late now Diane, but you know that I have had troubles getting through. Enjoyed your vacation through the blogs and photos. Nyra

I Am

I am the wind in the sails of a catamaran
moving sleekly, silently and swiftly
across a lake on an August afternoon.

I am the joy of a brilliant summer sun
the intensity of relentless whitecaps
and the excitement of impending peril
as I race wildly from shore to shore.

I am exhilaration.
I am adventure.
I am freedom itself.