Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Still Walking, Still Eating!

Yesterday we went to dinner at Orchids, a wonderful restaurant at the Halekulani Hotel which is on Waikiki Beach. We'd had dinner there before at La Mer, a french restaurant also in this hotel and thought it was great, but this place was even better! Every crumb was absolutely delicious and there were none left on our plates!



We shared a couple of appetizers, and then Mary had spearfish and I had a filet mignon. We almost licked our plates!

This was our view as we ate. It was a bit blustery. Lots of wind these days, but still very comfortable temperatures.

Okay, I'd like to point out that THIS cake was smaller than the Hula Pie we ate the other night...but every bit as ono. (Ono=delicious.) It was a coconut cake, and yes, we split it.



And now here I am this morning, trying to walk off that cake. We're near Hale Koa here.


Aloha and Mahalo for reading my blog!




4 comments:

Peggy said...

You two always find good places to eat it seems! And such beautiful views. Congratulations on all the walking--and you are looking great Diane!

Ann said...

That coconut cake definitely looks worthy of a few extra miles walking!

Victoria said...

Beautiful blog Diane - eating and walking indeed! The coconut cake tempts me - had forgotten about the taste of coconut cake. Yum! the views are gorgeous.

Val said...

Hi there! The food photos are making me drool! Enjoy the rest of your holiday!

I Am

I am the wind in the sails of a catamaran
moving sleekly, silently and swiftly
across a lake on an August afternoon.

I am the joy of a brilliant summer sun
the intensity of relentless whitecaps
and the excitement of impending peril
as I race wildly from shore to shore.

I am exhilaration.
I am adventure.
I am freedom itself.