Thursday, April 15, 2010

Yet Another Picture of My Ass!

Mary is so thrilled that I am walking so much that she cannot resist dropping back and taking a picture of me walking! But in THIS picture she CLAIMS she was taking a picture of the painted silver guy. HA!

Here we are at Tiki's, a place we remember from years ago but hadn't gone to it in recent years because it was just too far for me to walk. Not this time though! We started by splitting a couple of appetizers: Vine Ripened Tomato Bruschetta and a Mozzarella salad with radish greens. Oh! Both so tasteful!

Here's me with my main course, Tiki's Signature Salmon, glazed with spiced cane sugar, served with a lemongrass butter sauce, mashed Okinawan sweet potato and Asian slaw.

Here's Mary's dinner: Mac Nut Crusted Mahi, fresh island mahimahi lightly coated in crushed macadamia nuts, seared and served over orzo pasta tossed with mushrooms, spinach, diced tomatoes, roasted garlic and drizzled with a lemongrass cream sauce. Both dishes were fabulous!



And here's me and Tiki! So glad we came to this place! See you tomorrow!







3 comments:

Victoria said...

Such fun Diane. And a triumph that you were able to walk to Tikis this time - fun to see you posed with Tiki, and again, the food photos make me hungry, too bad tonight since I have to wait for the rain to stop to go home to eat supper.

Peggy said...

Fun to see the two of you having so much fun! And you are indeed walking, walking, walking! Fun to explore places on foot, though I do not much enjoy walking for the sake of walking!

Mary said...

Oh, I just LOVED Tiki's food, and what a nice view!

And I'm so proud of all the walking you've been doing! Soon you will be able to enter a 5 K.

I Am

I am the wind in the sails of a catamaran
moving sleekly, silently and swiftly
across a lake on an August afternoon.

I am the joy of a brilliant summer sun
the intensity of relentless whitecaps
and the excitement of impending peril
as I race wildly from shore to shore.

I am exhilaration.
I am adventure.
I am freedom itself.