Hello folks, doesn't the time pass quickly? I meant to post days ago, but didn't get a chance. Last week was my last time for playing 3 days in a row, and here's the best news: my golf team WON the competition for 2008! I have a 'medallion' to prove it. Medallion, ha! I've seen Hallie's, I've seen the Olympic ones! Mine looks like a 'charm' lol.
Just so you know what I decided to do about the Golf Chairwoman job I have been doing for New Berlin Hills, here's a little poem I wrote about that:
The End of A Chairwoman
I didn't volunteer but accepted
in order to do my share.
Do it your way, they said
but that never happened
they took control
made sure it was their way
though I had to oversee all
take the blame
listen to complaints.
Do it again, they insisted
you're so good, so organized
but we're going
to do it different now
we've already decided
though you're in charge.
No, I said, not my ideas
too much time and strain
you don't need me, I'm gone.
***
I've decided to give myself relief from this kind of stuff. It hasn't been fun, and has kept me from doing many things I would like to do. So, enough of that.
We've been enjoying the Olympics, especially the swimming and the gymnastics, but I also enjoy watching the diving and running, too, and have watched other things as well, like basketball, volleyball, canoeing. Oh, and the women's beach volleyball... did you see those four women with black, pink, and blue tape on? I took one look and said, "Hey, they're wearing my Kinesio tape!" And then the announcer also noted this special tape. I have a lot of it, purchased to help my achilles tendon. (It did help some, but never solved it.) I'll bet that stuff is going to get REALLY popular now.
What's new with me: I've been improving my weight loss efforts. I'd kept the weight I'd lost off, but for the last 4 months stayed the same. I'm proud of that, but decided I had to make more effort. And it's working, although in some ways, I am making LESS effort, because I am eating from a very big list of healthy foods, not measuring or counting points or calories. So, that's easier. Basically, it is the WW Core plan. I'm finding myself eating more fruits and veggies, more protein, and lots of things I have always liked but not eaten much -- like polenta, for instance. Anyway, it is said that every pound you lose takes 10 pounds of strain off your knees. So that's one of my reasons for improving my efforts.
I have two things coming up -- a trip to the Pacific Northwest to see family for a week in September, and a trip to Germany with Mary in October. I'm very excited about both!
If you're interested, I am revising the poem I posted about Brett Favre a while back... but still haven't changed my view, LOL.
4 comments:
A treat to check and see your new blog entry Diane. Congratulations on the golf team win. And I'm glad you decided not to be chairwoman any more under those circumstances. I like the poem too. Your upcoming trips sound exciting.
Good to see another entry in your blog! I do have it on my check list. (Says one who has not been very faithful to my own blog posting of late--oh well)
Congratulations on your golf win and on dropping the organizational things you were not enjoying.
I have been watching the Olympics more than I thought I would and have enjoyed the things you mention as well. Amazing performances by those athletes.
Fun trips coming up!
But a charm, Diane, is, well, CHARMING. Considering the physical challenges you have faced recently, the effort behind this medallion is ENORMOUS! Yay, Diane!
But a charm, Diane, is, well, CHARMING. Considering the physical challenges you have faced recently, the effort behind this medallion is ENORMOUS! Yay, Diane!
Post a Comment