Saturday, August 30, 2008

Happy Birthday to Mary, August 29th





Can you believe it? Mary and John McCain share a birthday! Mary already knew that she shared this date with Michael Jackson, but finding out she shared it with John McCain as well... Hmmm. Very interesting!


You may remember that for my birthday in July, Mary presented me with Wii! And, we've had fun with it for sure. And guess what I got Mary for her birthday? Wii Fit! Wow, is it amazing. It weighs you, measures your BMI, tests your balance... and even lets you know how old your body is physically. I got a subtraction of 5 years, Mary got a subtraction of 8! Not bad! You can also do all kinds of physical activities on Wii Fit, balance exercises, aerobics, yoga, muscle strengthening, and more. We were quite amazed. Mary was better than me at some things, and I was better than her at others, and some of those things surprised me. For instance, I was better with balance. Something else I learned from Wii Fitness that really pleased me is that my right knee (the replaced one) is STRONGER than my left! That was certainly not true a year ago.


To celebrate Mary's birthday, we went out to dinner at Kilawat, in the downtown Intercontinental Hotel. This weekend happens to be the 105th birthday of Harley-Davidson, so we have over 125,000 motorcyclists from all over the world as well as the country, so we definitely encountered masses of them as we drove downtown. We chose to eat early so that we could drive home before dark. I don't like being on the streets with all those motorcycles in the dark. I think the size of the headlights tricks the brain, and you think they are further away than they really are. Sure don't want to injure someone!


Anyway, the dinner was delicious, and beautifully presented as you can see! Happy Birthday Mary!

2 comments:

Victoria said...

You two really know how to celebrate and I love that about both of you. THe presentation of the food is magnificent. I hope it tasted as good as it looks. And Mary is radiant as you capture her for a birthday photograph.

Mary said...

Thank you for the wonderful dinner at Kilawat and for the Wii Fit! We will both continue to enjoy this and profit from this, I am sure!

I think it ended up that there were more than the 125,000 Harley enthusiasts. I will watch for numbers in the newspaper now that the event has ended!

I Am

I am the wind in the sails of a catamaran
moving sleekly, silently and swiftly
across a lake on an August afternoon.

I am the joy of a brilliant summer sun
the intensity of relentless whitecaps
and the excitement of impending peril
as I race wildly from shore to shore.

I am exhilaration.
I am adventure.
I am freedom itself.