We've been in Portland with an incredible hot spell, at least according to the weathermen! But, this is the day where they seemed to be the most accurate about the temperature, which reached about 97 degrees. Just about everyone headed for the Saturday Market at 10:00 am which is when it opens. Lots of stuff, but just not what I was expecting, and I left with nothing!
Next up, we found another place for a light lunch -- Bijoux -- just around the corner and across the street from the front entrance. Later, some of us sat around in the hospitality room chatting, and a few others went to see the Pittock Mansion. They said it was great!
Then, it was on to Pazzo, a restaurant highly recommended by my daughter Hallie, for our final dinner -- always an important event. I was the one who had made the arrangements for our buffet dinner, which was absolutely delicious. We had our own private room and waiter. I arranged to have three tables of eight, which worked well, and it was so nice to enjoy a meal and have a chance to chat in an environment that was not noisy! Since we technically had the use of this room until 11 pm, I decided ahead to print out a list ( from StoryCorps) of interview type questions, and so we all paired off for interviews, then later shared with the rest of the group what we had each learned from the other person. Even our waiter found this very interesting, lol. It was a great final dinner. Everyone thanked me profusely for arranging it, and I thank Hallie profusely for suggesting it!
Honestly, every bite of food I've had in Portland has been delicious! I think perhaps it should be called the City of Dinners as well as the City of Roses! Overall, it has been a great trip, and we've really enjoyed the opportunity to get together with special friends in such a lovely city.
Today we will be flying back to O'Hare in the early afternoon, arriving there early evening. We won't get to pick up Tulip and Violet until tomorrow. Sigh. We miss our sweet doggies, and hope they consider their kennel stay a 'spa' experience! Have a great rest of day, all.
2 comments:
I'm glad you both had such a nice trip! The rose pictures are beautiful - I want to visit Portland now! :)
Summer
Wonderful to read your take on Portland, Diane, and the photos are so fun to see a week after returning. I had a great time at the gathering and it is fun to relive it reading both your comments and Mary's.
Thanks!
Post a Comment