.jpg)

Still more storms on the way, they tell us. The flooding situation has been something else. Fortuately, we have escaped the bad luck of many. Our area has been making the news internationally. We've had friends in Australia and Germany who saw on their newsthose houses fall into a river and float away. One of the homes was huge, and the family lost everything they had, except for the 23 year mortgage payments that will still have to be made despite the fact that the home no longer exists. Nope, they didn't have flood insurance, and in fact, had not been able to get it. Quite amazing that a lake can turn into a river and drain out entirely.I couldn't play golf on Tuesday with my league. The golf course, New Berlin Hills, was totally closed. I drove by today and did see some players on foot. Obviously no carts allowed! I suspect though that with the next deluge of rain, the course will close again, and this is expected. I also drove by Greenfield Park, the golf course that I play at with my other league on Thursdays and there was not a person on it, so obviously it is closed. It is tomorrow morning that I am supposed to be playing there.
Last night, we attended a meeting of a book group that has read our novel, Dare To Dance. It was a very nice meeting. We really enjoyed the women, and they really enjoyed our book, and it was fun to answer their questions. One of the members is a long time teaching friend of Mary's.
We've had a number of things that didn't work and needed to be fixed since we returned from Hawaii, and fortunately, most have been attended to at this time. On Friday morning we will be driving to Iowa for the wedding of Mary's only nephew. All of Mary's family will be attending, everyone coming quite a distance to be there. No one involved with the wedding actually lives in Iowa, but both the bride and groom graduated from law school there, and that is where they chose to be married. They've been having similar storms to ours there, and flooding situations as well. We are all hoping not to get stranded on a different side of the Mississippi than we would like to be!
Ah well. I remind myself of how we operated with Hallie and her swim meets. Rain or shine, snow, ice or heat, we drove and we got there. No problemo! So, that philosophy should still work, right???
2 comments:
Your weather has been making the news in S. Calif as well. Iowa doesn't sound like a great place to be this weekend--I hope there is a Plan B for the wedding!
Your book discussion sounds wonderful and it must be especially fun to talk to women of the age of the characters in the book. Great way to promote the book!
Have a great weekend despite the weather.
Your weather is making news in Texas too. Really frightening. I do wish you well.
Post a Comment