Thursday, June 26, 2008

Ten Days Later!

Yes, I'm still around! Sorry to take so long to post. We have been busy! Yesterday we flew from O'Hare to Portland OR arriving in the early afternoon. We are meeting with 22 other friends from the internet, and many of us know each other starting as early as 1996! This is our eleventh reunion. Each reunion has been in a different place - Nashville, San Francisco, Charleston NC, Seattle, Ottawa Canada, San Diego, Minneapolis, Galveston, Savannah, Denver, and now Portland. We always have a great time!

No pictures yet, but I assure you, we'll take some today. Last night about half of us went to Jakes's, a well-known seafood restaurant, and the other half had dinner here at the Embassy Suites in downtown Portland. Jakes's was WONDERFUL. I highly recommend this place, and it's been around since 1892! In addition to the wonderful fresh food dishes, the desserts were to die for as well.

In a few minutes, a group of us will be on the way to the Rose Gardens. See you later, I promise!

1 comment:

Victoria said...

Missing you all who are enjoying Portland. Jakes sounds like a restaurant to my tastes.

I Am

I am the wind in the sails of a catamaran
moving sleekly, silently and swiftly
across a lake on an August afternoon.

I am the joy of a brilliant summer sun
the intensity of relentless whitecaps
and the excitement of impending peril
as I race wildly from shore to shore.

I am exhilaration.
I am adventure.
I am freedom itself.