Thursday, June 26, 2008

As Promised!










Visiting the Rose Garden is a MUST DO in Portland, Oregon, the City of Roses. Nine of us took the hotel shuttle to the gardens today, while most of the rest went to see the Columbia River Gorge, and sites. Since I've driven through the gorge many times before, on the way to or from somewhere, it was nothing I opted to do for 4 hours. However, I've visited the rose gardens before too, lol, so I can't explain my reasoning.

The rose gardeners had a GREAT time.... but the gorgers weren't very happy. It had cost them $55 per person for a 'tour' where no one spoke or explained. They really felt ripped off. Meanwhile, the gardeners got free rides to and from, no fee for the garden itself, and great advice on restaurants from the shuttle driver, a young man who has really bonded with us, lol.
The last picture displays a little treat bought for myself at the rose garden gift shop, a necklace and matching earrings, with a rose theme, of course! I also bought some rose elbow length gardening gloves and look forward to using these when pruning my roses at home, AND, a muffin tin where the muffins will come out looking like roses! Delightful, although I have no idea what I will do with it!

Tonight we will be meeting up with 2 of the 3 children of Ann, our Skywriter's friend, and her daughter-in-law, all of whom have moved to Portland fairly recently. We'll all get together in our hospitality room, and have a piece or two of pizza while we're at it! Who knows what will happen next? Will let you know!

3 comments:

Mary said...

What a beautiful, beautiful garden it was!

Victoria said...

Rose garden pictures and pictures of friendly faces are all delightful. I love your rose jeslry too, really striking!

Peggy said...

Portland is truly the city of roses. Wonderful photos! At least you were able to find some Portland souvenirs to bring home! LOL I do like your necklace and earrings!

I Am

I am the wind in the sails of a catamaran
moving sleekly, silently and swiftly
across a lake on an August afternoon.

I am the joy of a brilliant summer sun
the intensity of relentless whitecaps
and the excitement of impending peril
as I race wildly from shore to shore.

I am exhilaration.
I am adventure.
I am freedom itself.