In the morning seven of us went to a garden called Northwind Perennial Farm. It was an absolutely beautiful garden, partially just to walk around and enjoy and another part where one could purchase one's own plants. Here I am surrounded by beauty!

Here's Mary.

I couldn't resist buying a beautiful fuchsia plant. I saw it and knew I must have it. Here it is! It is hanging in front of our home. I just love fuchsia.

But I am getting ahead of myself here. After we toured the gardens, we went to eat at a restaurant called Cottonpicker Restaurant and Lounge. None of us had ever been there before, but the setting (with a pond right outside the window) was very pleasant, and the food was excellent. I had French onion soup (yum), also catfish, salad, and hush puppies. Too bad the restaurant is quite far away, I'd be tempted to return again.
After we returned home, we took the dogs for a walk. 1.7 miles. They enjoyed it. So did we.
All in all, it was a nice day!
4 comments:
I'm looking forward to you seeing my garden...and hoping some things will still be blooming when you get here! I love fushias too! That garden store you went to sounds like my kind of place!
Beautiful gardens and beautiful mary and Diane. Fuscia plants inhanging baskets bringback pleasant memories of a particular garden in a private home the first time I visited Northern California. For me they always die - but maybe it's just to hot here. Yours is gorgeous.
What a nice Saturday, Diane. I do love that fuschia plant. The blooms are spectacular! I hope you will be able to plant it and have it return year after year. I recall my grandmother having them in her yard and being so fascinated by them--of course she was in California so maybe you can't plant them out there and have them come back.
You are looking terrific Diane. that walking is paying dividends.
What a lovely garden, as you know i am a keen gardener, so always love to see photos of them.. That is a particularly lovely fuschia. I was given a hanging one that outgrew it's basket and now 22 years later I can sit underneath it!
Post a Comment