Thursday, May 20, 2010

Yup, I'm in the West!

Hello! I arrived in Seattle the evening of the 17th and got a ride directly to my town home in Arlington, WA. The next day I went to Brad and Summer's home and hung out with my grandkids and Summer. Brad was working at his home by computer, and he DOES work, so even though I was there, he was not available. Summer treated me and the kids to lunch at a delicious greek restaurant... oh, how I wish Mary was out here with me!



This is Victoria, 9 years old and will turn 10 before the year is out.





This is Madeline, 6 years old, and will turn 7 in December!





Below, Summer and Travis. Travis is 4 years old.



After lunch, Summer did several chores and while she was in the library returning 50 books Madeline and Victoria played in the library outdoor play area. Of course below is not the play
area, but the girls got bored and decided to climb a tree. The whole family are like monkeys, lol. Travis had to go with his mom into the library because he was barefoot, having tossed his shoes out of the car before anyone realized it.
Doesn't this look like fun?
Yesterday, Wednesday, Hallie and I had the opportunity to meet for lunch. She took me to a relatively new organic, all locally grown soup and sandwich place. The food was wonderful! Hallie has a new hairdo. Isn't it nice? I told her she could now broadcast the news, lol.



And here am I, ironically wearing the same outfit the last time I posted! Arrgh! LOL.



4 comments:

Laney Garry said...

Nice pictures of the family! ...as for the top, it must be one of those comfortable favourites! It looks very nice on you! :)

nva said...

Lovely photos of the family. What does it matter if you wear the top more than once in your photos? If you like it. wear it. When we go away in August, I will be taking tops that I wore in our 2008 holiday photos as our summers are so short that summer gear does not get worn out and when moving from city to city, no one knows you anyway.

Mary said...

Kids are really getting big...and what fun to see the tree-climbing photo. That looks like something YOU would have done in your youth! Hmmm, I wonder if it is genetic.

Victoria said...

You look so pretty in your qaqua repetition doesn't matter, and Hallie does look great with her new hair. I love the idea of being up a tree- happy kids. I wish loibraries here had outdoor play space - good for everybody's nerves. I don't have to wish you continued enjoyment because that's a done deal. I do love reading your blogs when you travel.

I Am

I am the wind in the sails of a catamaran
moving sleekly, silently and swiftly
across a lake on an August afternoon.

I am the joy of a brilliant summer sun
the intensity of relentless whitecaps
and the excitement of impending peril
as I race wildly from shore to shore.

I am exhilaration.
I am adventure.
I am freedom itself.