Thursday, May 6, 2010

Joy of Golf

Today I played my first round of golf of the year. I enjoyed it although it took me a good six holes before I found my swing. Then, for the most part I hit my ball long and straight. The greens were in poor condition due to a certain winter event that happened while we were on our cruise. Apparently ALL courses in the area are having this problem but eventually it will resolve itself.

What I wanted to share is how NORMAL I felt, never thinking of my knees or feet at all and I didn't feel slow either. My, it has been such a long time since I have felt normal!

When I came home Mary asked me if I was tired. I looked at her in surprise and said "No!"

Later we were doing pool chores in the back yard and I began to gather our hanging basket annuals to make it convenient to bring inside later as we are expecting frost. Mary commented that I had so much more energy than I'd had last year or the year before. That made me feel good too!

Anyway, just wanted to share my joy! Even if I didn't get my hole-in-one, LOL.

4 comments:

hallie said...

that is GREAT news diane!! i'm absolutely thrilled that you're doing so well and more importantly feeling great. what a terrific feeling! i know that hole-in-one is coming.

nva said...

Well what a thrill to feel so good and to be back at golf.A hole in one around the corner??? Is it all the walking that you have been doing that has helped? I wish our backs would let us walk as we need it to get rid of extra weight. I know it is the answer as Denise has walked off 7 kilos and looks fantastic- all in preparation for her 60th birthday in 2 week's time. It would also help if we didn't dine out so often. You know that is like as you certainly both eat out very regularly.

Victoria said...

It is such a joy to read about you feeling strong and normal and able to work and play as you chose. YOu are a person of such natural vitality, hard when it was sapped by injuries and illness. Delighted to have you back full strength.

Peggy said...

This is wonderful to hear Diane--hope you have a whole spring and summer season back doing one of the things you love so much. Fore!

I Am

I am the wind in the sails of a catamaran
moving sleekly, silently and swiftly
across a lake on an August afternoon.

I am the joy of a brilliant summer sun
the intensity of relentless whitecaps
and the excitement of impending peril
as I race wildly from shore to shore.

I am exhilaration.
I am adventure.
I am freedom itself.