Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Sunday Walk & Monday Dinner

Back in the early '90's I would walk from the condo every morning, usually into the village of Kailua, and then farther so that my total would be 5.2 miles every day. I walked by myself listening to a local radio station -- and learned a lot about what was going on in town! One of my favorite things to do was walk on top of the stone wall shown in the picture below, especially when the wind was blowing. It felt so freeing.




So, on Sunday we went to the Farmer's Market, and then took a walk in downtown Kailua. Oh the memories! I only walked a mile, but I enjoyed it. Haven't got back up on that stone wall yet, but don't rule it out!



Tonight we ended up having dinner right across from that wall as the sun was setting. We ate at a new place (for us) called Fish Hopper. I understand there is a Fish Hopper in Monterey, CA too. I had the coconut shrimp with skirt steak, lots of delicious veggies and fruit and purple sweet potatoes. Yum!

If you look very carefully in the picture below, you can actually see the sun in the trees. Quite a different view than on our lanai'i!


Yet another view of me and the sea wall! Oh, by the way, when the surf is up, cars get a free wash here!


4 comments:

Mary said...

I think we should walk a bit of that sea wall again! You probably would still do it better than me!

Victoria said...

Beautiful place to walk - I love walking in the wind too, especially by the water - freeing

nva said...

It looks so inviting- wish I could have been there walking with you.

Judy Roney said...

The photos are incredible. That place really is paradise. I'm so glad you were able to take a break and get away to the island and beach and balmy days.

I Am

I am the wind in the sails of a catamaran
moving sleekly, silently and swiftly
across a lake on an August afternoon.

I am the joy of a brilliant summer sun
the intensity of relentless whitecaps
and the excitement of impending peril
as I race wildly from shore to shore.

I am exhilaration.
I am adventure.
I am freedom itself.