Sunday, January 18, 2009

Three Days Post Surgery

This is Mary again. I thought family and friends might enjoy seeing Diane and how she is ding three days after surgery.

The first video shows her room environment. In the second video Diane talks about her progress. The following videos are of Diane working with the physical therapist this afternoon. Walking upstairs. Walking downstairs. Walking with walker going down the hallway.

She is not sure yet whether she will go home on Monday or Tuesday. And now, here is Diane:





s


11 comments:

Judy Roney said...

Diane, what a joy it is to hear your voice. You sound wonderful. It hurts to watch you walk up and down the steps but I am just amazed that you are able to do that already. What a wonderful thing to hear that you feel you are doing much better with this knee already.
I know you are glad the surgery is over with and you can turn the page on that part of life.
With two good bionic knees now, the sky will be the limit. Keep up the good work. I think of you often and pray for a speedy recouperation.

Ann said...

Rockin' and Rollin' already, Diane! Wahoo! Thanks for the videos, Mary.

Laney Garry said...

Hi Diane & Mary! Mary...thanks so much for taking the videos for us to see! What a great idea..and it still amazes me, the technology that we can 'see' what's happening half way across the country! Also, it's amazing Diane, to see your progress and you looking so good! Elliott & I send our love!

Katie Vaino said...

So glad that everything is going well, we keep checking your blog for updates! Thanks for keeping us in the loop Mary, it is very reassuring having you there to report for us! Lots of love from all of us!

Anonymous said...

Diane, you look wonderful, and Russ watched the video of you walking and was impressed with how well you are doing from his experienced eyes. He sends his comisserations for what you are going through. He noted the steel brace on your knee. I would have missed that, though I am impressed also with you doing stairs, up and down, already! Wow, they don't waste anytime cracking the whip! I'm sure it's for the best, but I'm sure it is difficult too. I would be afraid. Sending you healing light, prayers and love.

Peggy said...

I so enjoyed the visit Diane! (and thank you Mary). It really did feel like a visit. Now if I were in your place however I think I might really be regretting giving Mary that camera!

Mary said...

Ha ha, Peggy. I bought the camera myself!

Val said...

Glad to hear you're on the mend Diane. Thanks for blog update Mary.
~cousin Val & aunt Velma

Anonymous said...

Hi Diane
I have been following your progress and you are doing so well I am really impressed.
So funny - when I first heard Mary say hello Diane - I thought "what? they can see me?" Oh well I am not too bright.
Keep up the good work.
Dianne in Australia

Sue said...

TONS of applause coming in from Texas!!!! Mary, Diane could race walk you down that hall. I am so very pleased things are going so much better this time. AND applause to Mary for the great videos.

Victoria said...

Reassuring to hear your words in your own voice Diane, and to see you so mobile so soon after surgery. Continued prayers to you

I Am

I am the wind in the sails of a catamaran
moving sleekly, silently and swiftly
across a lake on an August afternoon.

I am the joy of a brilliant summer sun
the intensity of relentless whitecaps
and the excitement of impending peril
as I race wildly from shore to shore.

I am exhilaration.
I am adventure.
I am freedom itself.