Hurrah, this is ME making the post today! Thank you so much, Mary, for keeping my followers up to date. Not only did they get to hear how I was, they also got to SEE it, lol. A little too much detail, I think, when you can view a commode, lol. Now that I'm home, I'll have to work to keep you all up to date. Mary is so much quicker than I am in these matters!
My thanks to all of you for your remarks and staying tuned. I look forward to checking our your blogs now. Oh, Belle, please tell Russ that what he saw on my leg was not a steel brace. It was just regular bandaging around the incision, but with 'hot ice' attached to help keep knee cooled. It works quite well, but is a bit of an inconvenience as it is heavy and you have to attach and unattach. Now that I am home, I will be using regular ice packs, probably mostly after exercising.
Indeed, the physical therapy folks at the hospital do try to crack the whip on their patients, but THIS time, I have been staying ahead of them and am surprising folks at what I can do so quickly. It is not difficult going up and down steps at all, but it will be a while before I get back to doing the traditional one step at a time. But, I plan to get there ASAP!
I am going to be having In Home physical therapy again. I had thought I would do the regular out patient instead, but due to our winter conditions here, I want to make it as easy as possible. What IS different about this time is that I will be using a continuous perpetual motion machine -- CPM -- for a few hours each day to keep ahead with flexion and improve stiffness.
I arrived home about 4:30 last night, went upstairs immediately and pretty much settled in for the evening. I ate dinner there, got my meds set up, did some exercises every hour or so, and rested very comfortably. My own bed feels SO much better that that hospital bed! I did read a few emails and posts, but was too tired to respond at that time. That is why I am at this now! I went downstairs about 7 this morning, enjoyed breakfast, and then came back upstairs again.
Right now I am waiting for calls from the In Home medical people. They were supposed to be in touch right away. Same with having the CPM delivereds, set up, and instructions given. Haven't heard a word from anyone though. Hopefully I will hear something soon!
Again, thanks to you for your wonderful remarks. Hugs to all of you!
5 comments:
Sooooo glad you are home!
Glad to see you are home Diane and it sounds like you are moving ahead at your own pace, which is faster than expected! Do they have Wii wheel-chair sports? Or perhaps Wii physical therapy? LOL
I'm glad that you are doing well! My mom is doing great too. The grandkids are swinging her cane around and my Dad is afraid they're going to hit the TV. ;)
I am so glad you are home and I hope all is settled with the home therapy people and that you continue to do well. Hugs to you dear friend.
Diane, I'm so glad you're home and doing so very well. I'm amazed at how you are able to handle stairs already. I'm glad Mary put updates on your blogs and videos too, although I could only access little teensy bits and blurbs of the video (my computer service....grrrrr) but when I see you on the stairs, my knees tremble... good for you, my friend, for your wonderful early progress!
Love, Lynne
Post a Comment