Yes, we're back, almost exactly 24 hours ago after a 9.5 hour flight from Frankfurt and an earlier flight from Friedrichshafen that was delayed, making us come very close to missing our flight. But, all went well!
We had a marvelous time in Germany, in every respect -- great surroundings, great friends, great weather, great food. My only regret -- why didn't I study up on the German language before I took this trip??? LOL. Mary did quite well. She knows more German than I knew she did! But still, I know she couldn't understand everything that people were saying as they spoke.
I tried very hard to look as though I understood what was being said, lol. Didn't want anyone talking about me, tee hee.
I will post more about the remainder of our trip later today probably, in particular the cruise portion. See you later!
4 comments:
Welcome home, Diane and Mary! Sounds like your trip was fantastic. I look forward to details and pictures when you get to it. Re-entry can take a while.
I like knowing you are home safely from a trip you enjoyed so much, despite the language difference. That was hard for me in France, and to a lesser etent, in Mexico. We depend so much on words to connect. At any rate, welcome home!
Welcome back, Diane. I am delighted to hear of your adventures and all the fun you had in Germany. This sounds like a trip of a lifetime with your own personal guide and friend. Amazing. Bill and I definitely have Germany on our list now of places to spend some time in. Good to have you back home. Hope you get rested up and back in the groove soon.
Glad you are home and settling in again. I have really enjoyed Mary's comments on things German and look forward to yours! Welcome home!
Post a Comment