Monday, July 28, 2008

Ten Days Later...

















Whew, I've been busy! A week from Saturday we had our annual pool party. Lots of fun, and the weather, which was iffy, turned out very well. No lightening strikes or flooding! Here are a few pictures... Thanks to all of you who commented on me turning 60, by the way! Still hasn't sunk in, ha ha!

2 comments:

Victoria said...

It does look like a great party. I'm glad the weather held. Happy birthday one last time this year!

Peggy said...

I do enjoy the photos you post here, Diane, as well as your comments. Looks like everyone was having a good time at your party. Thank goodness the weather was good for you. You always do such a great job with the food.

I'll comment here as well on your busy golf post made after this one. Hearing in detail about what you have been in charge of really is impressive. What in the world did that community do before you got there? I always smile at the name of the Brown Deer Tournament. Are there other colors for deer? Sounds like of like the red tomato tournament.

Only a couple more weeks I guess. Hang in there and welcome to 60!

I Am

I am the wind in the sails of a catamaran
moving sleekly, silently and swiftly
across a lake on an August afternoon.

I am the joy of a brilliant summer sun
the intensity of relentless whitecaps
and the excitement of impending peril
as I race wildly from shore to shore.

I am exhilaration.
I am adventure.
I am freedom itself.