Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Back From Canada








It was a wonderful trip, and a great visit... but I regret not taking very many pictures once I got to Kelowna! The reason... I had sat on my glasses and they were sitting on my face in an unusual manner... so I decided NOT to wear them because I don't need them unless I need to read. Or, as it turned out, unless I need to see what I'm taking a picture of!

Anyway... we left Abbotsford on Friday morning, arrived in Kelowna in early afternoon, and stopped briefly at the Truswell house and greeted Bud and Karin. Then it was on to brother Donald and Bettina's to pick up some things and head for the hall where the wedding reception would take place. At the hall we immediately ran into Paul and Melissa and members of the brides family who were all working away at getting everything decorated and ready. I assisted Laney in decorating the cake by making the frosting continuously as she worked away. We were done just in time to make it back to the Truswell house where Bud and Karin had a lovely beef roast on the rotisserie. Laney and Elliott joined us, and her son Aaron and his wife Stephanie as well. It was a lovely, relaxing dinner. Laney and Elliott stayed overnight at Donald and Bettina's and Aaron and Stephanie at the home of a friend of Bettina's.

About 12:30 pm Brad and Summer and children arrived from the Seattle area after about an 8 hour drive. It was great to have a chance to visit with them for a while before attending the wedding ceremony, and after as well, while we waited for the evening reception to begin.
Both the wedding and the reception were great. Paul is so happy, and Melissa, whom I had not met before, is a very, very nice young woman -- and beautiful as well. The dinner was delicious, we all enjoyed a very well done video and slide show, and then we all danced our feet off to the wonderful music. Yes, even me with my gimpy leg, lol. I had a great opportunity to visit with all my siblings!

Ask me someday, when you get the chance, about getting home, lol. It was a bit of an adventure! Then, Karin, Brad and myself sat and chatted until about 2:30 am, so Grandpa Bud was saying "Good afternoon!" to us as we got up after he'd fed the kids breakfast, lol.

My final event in Kelowna was joining Donald and Bettina, Laney and Elliott, my niece Barbra, my niece Kristy and her SO, my nephew Aaron and his wife Stephanie, and son Brad and granddaughter Victoria for lunch on the lakeshore. Then, it was back to Abbotsford, about a 4 hour trip, where we stopped briefly for dinner with niece Julie, her husband Greg, and baby Cali before continuing on to the Vancouver airport where I stayed overnight at a hotel to make flying out yesterday simpler for everyone.

It was truly a GREAT visit -- saw so many relatives, and had such a terrific time. Thanks everyone, especially Laney and Elliott who helped me so much and drove me everywhere! Well, time to go fix supper here! Later!

1 comment:

Ann said...

Nothing like new love and a wonderful family gathering! I could feel the energy in your words, Diane. Even dancing! Wahoo!

I Am

I am the wind in the sails of a catamaran
moving sleekly, silently and swiftly
across a lake on an August afternoon.

I am the joy of a brilliant summer sun
the intensity of relentless whitecaps
and the excitement of impending peril
as I race wildly from shore to shore.

I am exhilaration.
I am adventure.
I am freedom itself.