Monday, June 16, 2008

A New Week


Whew, the weekend is over. I had my bag packed and ready to go to Mary's nephews wedding in Des Moine, Iowa on Friday morning. But, we were both so stressed out at what could possibly happen while we were away that I offered to stay home if that is what Mary would prefer. We decided she would be able to relax better if I were here, and then the dogs would not have to go to the kennel either, so we wouldn't have to worry about what might happen there, either.


There is definitely lots of flooding still going on here due to rising rivers and creeks, but thankfully we haven't had the terrifying weather we'd had earlier in the week, and although things could still change at any minute, nothing serious happened over the weekend.


It was a long drive for Mary, both there and back, in part due to roads being closed, but she got there safely. It was great for her to get together with family members there, and I definitely missed seeing them all. I've very much enjoyed seeing the pictures Mary took, and me and the dogs are now very glad that she's back!


I am guessing that I'll be able to play golf tomorrow morning for the first time since returning from Hawaii. I'll have to call and check, but hopefully the course will be open!


Above is a picture taken by Laney of our brother Donald and Mum, laughing together as he visited. Laney took this picture with her cell phone. She tried to send it to me via cell phone, so that I could see it right on my phone, but frankly, I have no idea how to do that. I got what looked like a text message giving a web address. But, I do think I could import that picture, just have to look up how to do it, and also I would have to have this benefit included in my plan, which it isn't. Anyway, she sent this picture on her cell phone, but through email. Isn't technology something? Amazing what can be done these days! (YUP, I know, I'm sounding like an old woman, LOL.)


Have a great day, like Tiger Woods!


4 comments:

Peggy said...

What a nice photo of your Mom and brother. You are a family of good-looking people. Glad to hear the weather is calming down a bit. Amazing that the golf course would open again--I would think it would be a swamp. I suppose they design these things with drainage in mind though.

Mary said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mary said...

What a nice photo of your mom and brother....so sorry you missed the wedding of my nephew, but thanks for staying home and keeping an eye on everything (and the dogs) with such crazy weather all about. Know that you were missed though....by many!

Anonymous said...

Hey Diane - where have you been? I have gotten used to reading your blogs everyday and I miss it.
Dianne

I Am

I am the wind in the sails of a catamaran
moving sleekly, silently and swiftly
across a lake on an August afternoon.

I am the joy of a brilliant summer sun
the intensity of relentless whitecaps
and the excitement of impending peril
as I race wildly from shore to shore.

I am exhilaration.
I am adventure.
I am freedom itself.