.jpg)
As I write this, they are more than half-way back to the mainland, and Mary and I miss them! It's so quiet and boring now, lol.
Day before yesterday, we went to what Brad calls Turtle Beach and what I call Kahulu'u Beach. And yes, we did see turtles! I watched Travis running in out of the waves while the rest of them snorkeled. Travis really is not hard to watch around water, although it is definitely necessary. He seems to have a very good sense of what he is capable of in the world of 'wawa' as he puts it.
Later we dined in the garden area of the condo, with Brad bbqing the chicken and Summer, Mary and me providing whatever we could make use of from our kitchens. Our dinner, after sunset, was followed by a swim in the pool. It was a bit different for me, swimming in the dark, but I love to go in at any time.
Yesterday we headed out to Mauna Kea beach again, in my opinion, one of the most beautiful beaches ever. My grandkids think so as well! When we arrived the ocean was so calm I feared everyone might find it a bit boring, but not too much later the waves began to roar in, even higher than they had been the last time we were there. Again, we had a great time.
The pictures you see above were taken at the oceanside Hard Rock Cafe, where we got to watch a marvelous sunset. Then we drove up the hill to a local Baskin Robins and every one of us enjoyed some delicious ice-cream!
Overall, it has been a wonderful vacation for us all. I received a very nice email from Laney this morning saying what a pleasure it had been to spend time with me and Mary and Brad and his family. We all feel that way as well. It was a glorious time for all. Madeline asked her daddy this morning why they had to go back home, lol. Oh yes, I can sure understand that! Aloha to all!
3 comments:
I love reading your blog - especially about your aloha day - and I am still amazed by turtles on the beach. Wow! I know you miss the family, and they are beautiful, all of you are. Good to have a glimpse.
What wonderful memories for your family and for you. Hosting people on vacation is always a little tense for me but so worth if for the memories! I see lots of sun on and in those usually pale Washington faces!
Wonderful times!
I'm not pale, even in winter. :)
Ok, maybe a little.
Post a Comment