Thursday, April 23, 2009

Last 3 Nights in Palm Springs

Monday was our last full day with Laney and Elliott. Bob & Marie left in their RV in the morning. We didn't do much -- just relaxed, and enjoyed the pool in the late afternoon when there was enough shade so that we did not swelter in the temperature which was over 100 degrees. I had thought we'd have our last meal at St. James on the Vinyard, but it turned out that on Monday evenings, they are closed, so I chose another downtown location, Riccio's Steak & Seafood. Good food, and a pleasant outdoor setting. We ate late enough that it was comfortable outside, as the temps drop fast here in the desert. Below is the restaurant's home made spumoni ice-cream... yum!



Here is the final picture of the four of us, after we'd pretty much finished dinner.

Here's a photo of the palm trees that line the road that goes up the mountain to Bob Hope's party home, and other fancy places. This is pretty much across the street for the Oasis, where we are staying.

On Tuesday morning, we dropped Laney and Elliott off at the airport at 10:00 a.m., two hours before their noon flight. We got an email in the evening that they'd arrived safe and sound. After they'd left, I took Mary back to Goodwill, her favorite shopping spot, LOL. Then we spent the afternoon back at the Oasis, enjoying the pool, once again when it was shady enough. Then we went to one of our favorite places in Rancho Mirage, Las Casuelas Nuevas, and had delicious Mexican food. Very fresh and well prepared.




And, then last night, our final night, we went to a place we'd never been before, Pomme Frites, a French/Belgian bistro kind of place. The food was delicious. We both had the french onion soup, then shared a beet and goat cheese appetizer (not a salad) and for the main course, I had tenderloin medalions and Mary had a stuffed pork chop. We also shared a Belgian chocolate and Creme Anglaise dessert. One thing about French food -- you don't leave stuffed, lol, but it was very good. Can hardly wait to stand on the scale when we return home tonight!



















2 comments:

Judy Roney said...

What a lovely three nights you had before it was time to head back home, Di. I can't imagine being in temps that high! And then you said it cools off fast at night. That is certainly a different world. I enjoy being taken along with you on your culinary adventures in the places you travel. You sure know the good places to eat. I am married to the sandwich king so I'm always thrilled when I go out to a nice place to eat. LOL I'm so glad you got to spend time with your sister and brother and their SO.

Victoria said...

All that beautiful food - in beautiful surroundings. Glad you had/took/gave yourselves this treat.

I Am

I am the wind in the sails of a catamaran
moving sleekly, silently and swiftly
across a lake on an August afternoon.

I am the joy of a brilliant summer sun
the intensity of relentless whitecaps
and the excitement of impending peril
as I race wildly from shore to shore.

I am exhilaration.
I am adventure.
I am freedom itself.