

...and well! It hasn't quite been two months since I last posted. Pathetic, huh? It's been a busy time... getting the pool opened and ready to go, de-winterizing the place, catching up on paperwork and playing golf!
We have had extraordinary cool weather, and lots of clouds but relatively, not all that much rain. Only one big thunderstorm, one tornado warning (and yes, the sirens went off) and a few mistings. We've got the pool up and running, ready to go, but it's been too cool to turn on the heater. We tried today, and it sounded like the heater was on, but the top didn't get hot so we are concerned that maybe the pilot light isn't on. Doesn't make sense that we heard that whooshing noise when we turn it on though. We also tried to turn on our A/C, and it seems to be low on freon (sp?) so our A/C guy will be back today to fix it, and we can ask about the pilot light as well. The A/C guy noted a big ice block when he was here yesterday which explains why the A/C wasn't working, and he wanted to let it melt naturally since it is in our attic, and we don't need any more dripping from the ceiling like we had last year. Fun, huh?
After having a couple of weeks of playing golf relatively well, I had my worst game of the year yesterday. Ugh. I blame it on the slow moving group in front of us. Waiting to play each shot does nothing for your motivation, especially with a waiting twosome behind you! We were second in the line of our group's teetimes, so there was no moving through as we are part of the same group... and it was embarrassing to take 5 hours to play the course when you are second in line. No rangers on the course this year, at least, we haven't seen any yet. I think this may be due to the economy.
We've had some nice lunches and dinners lately with friends in places we'd never been before. Fun to find something new and unique!
We planted our annuals (in their pots) a couple of weeks ago, and they are doing well. I love the bright colors of annuals. Above are a couple of pictures of Mary and me in our yard and you might get a glimpse of some of the annuals. Hope you are all having a nice day!
6 comments:
I'm so happy to see you posting here again Diane, and you and Mary both looking so good. It does sound like you have been really busy. Good about the good golf games and frustrating about the not so good one. Hope the weather warms up and storms stay away and you and mary are able to enjoy the pool and beautiful plants you've gotten in.
Welcome back to blogging, Diane. Glad all is well in preparation for enjoying summer. Come on, warmth!
Great to read a post from you again. I had quit checking your blog. But I will start checking regularly again!
You and Mary both look great, by the way. Looks like you have kept up the weight loss progress! I like summer flowers as well. I was amazed you had a block of ice in your attic. I suppose that would happen in places that get very cold but I am wondering what would be up there to make a pool of water to freeze or what ever.
Frustrating about the golf game. I think playing on a course where you either had to wait or were rushed would really detract from the pleasure of the game. I suppose these ranger people are supposed to ask slow people to step aside and let a faster group go ahead or something like that. I never thought about the details of running a golf course.
Hope summer weather comes and stays! Enjoy!
Sometimes there just isn't time to blog! You both look fit and ready for summer. Hope you get some warm weather for the pool.
Have a nice summer Diane and Mary.
You always have such beautiful plants at your home, Di. It's always so nice to see. Sorry you had a bad game butI know you are thankful that it doesn't happen often at all.
I hope the rest of the summer will be like summer weather for you both. I know you enjoy the pool so much when the weather cooperates
Sorry you had a bad golf game. I know you will be challenged now to do well. You and Mary both look great and your yard is incredibly beautiful.
Post a Comment