Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Up To Our Necks In Snow!

What??? I haven't posted since November 17th???? Even I can't believe that. Time has really flown. I flew back from Seattle on November 19th, a few days later went to Appleton to celebrate Thanksgiving with Mary's sister Lori and her husband. Emily and her two children came along as well, and so did Violet and Tulip. It was a very pleasant time. Then, the snow began.... and it hasn't stopped since! I know that I can't complain too much though, as much of the country and all of my relatives are dealing with extraordinary winter conditions, too.

I don't remember when exactly I scheduled it, but sometime after I returned from WA I scheduled knee surgery (total replacement) for the other knee. My first replaced knee was finally doing well enough that I felt comfortable doing that. My scheduled date is January 15th. I appreciate your good wishes and prayers!

My niece Katie and her husband Ian have had their baby boy! His name is Aaron, after his uncle, and what a handsome little guy he is. He was born on December 16th, and I looked at his pictures today and I think he looks about 3 months old already! I am so happy that things are going well for them!

Hope you are all having a great Christmas!


Our deck and hot tub after a recent snowfall!




Our house. Note the depth of the snow by the mailboxes.

1 comment:

Victoria said...

I can't believe the snow. So much snow! I do send prayers for your second knee replaceent - seems like a very wise decision likely to increase your comfortable mobility. I'm glad to hear that baby Aaron is born and all is well with him and his parents.

I Am

I am the wind in the sails of a catamaran
moving sleekly, silently and swiftly
across a lake on an August afternoon.

I am the joy of a brilliant summer sun
the intensity of relentless whitecaps
and the excitement of impending peril
as I race wildly from shore to shore.

I am exhilaration.
I am adventure.
I am freedom itself.