Three visits in less than a week! The first I have described in the last post, the next two involved a business trip on Thursday and my niece Katie's baby shower on Sunday.
On the business trip I was with my ex and his wife, and we allowed a little time to drop in and visit Mum. As we were driving along on the highway we noticed that my brother Bob was in the lane next to us! We honked and waved and laughed. I hadn't seen Bob since our nephew Paul's wedding in July, so I was delighted not only to visit with Mum, but to visit with him as well. As I've always said about him, there is no better big brother in this world. A smile comes to my face every time I think of him.
We were able to get our business done very quickly and efficiently, so returned to the US sooner than we expected.
On Sunday it was a very easy drive. The shower was at Katie's sister Julie's home and her other sister Holly helped with the planning. It was beautifully done, delicious food, lovely gifts and I had a great time. There was a little game going on involving not crossing your legs... and I didn't win, but I was surprised that I did cross my legs at times, lol. With my replaced knee, I didn't think I ever did that!
Katie looked great -- relaxed and glowing -- and although her baby son is due on December 7th, she thinks it will be sooner. Her husband is going on a business trip to Ohio for a while, and she will have to take the ferry back to Vancouver Island, where she lives... so everyone is praying the birth doesn't happen too fast! However, Katie has been told that if she gives birth on the ferry she will have a free pass for a lifetime, lol. I'll keep you all posted about this birth!
When I crossed the border back into the US, I picked the wrong line. The customs officer was obviously new and sure he was very intelligent. Here are his questions: Where are you going? Where were you? Why were you there? How did your niece become a Canadian? What did you do in Australia? Any gifts at all from anyone in Canada? Do you have anything in your trunk? Of course, he did open the trunk. But the thing that amazed me the most was that when I drove up and was handing him my passport, before opening it, he called me by my name. I guess they have easy access to license plate numbers!
My time is running out here in the west. I'll be on a plane bound for Chicago in two days. I've had a great time visiting with my family, including my delightful grands. I've seen two movies while out here with Brad and the two girls -- Madegascar 2 and Beverly Hills Chihuahua. I thoroughly enjoyed both! Tomorrow is my oldest granddaughter's 8th birthday, and we'll be getting together with Hallie and Greg to celebrate. That will be my last night here... glad I am getting this opportunity!
7 comments:
Happy Birthday, Granddaughter! How nice that you were there for this milestone, though I know you're never far from their thoughts, Diane!
Happy birthday granddaughter indeed - and what a lovely trip you have had. Bet you will b eglad to be home though. I wonder if Katie will give birth on the ferry - glad she is well.
I'm glad you're having such a wonderful time, Diane, and that things are going smoothly. I'm delighted to hear about your Mum. Please give little miss 8-year-old a huge happy birthday wish from me.
How nice to see that you have posted so we can keep up with you while you jet about, Di. LOL
What a wonderful surprise to be riding along and see Bob (wonderful brother to you like my brother Bob was so I relate to seeing HIM driving beside me. what a quinkydink!)there beside you on the road. That's the joy of being near home town home, you don't know who you might see. :)
How nice that you will be there for your Precious One's birthday celebration. Happy Birthday to her! You have been on a whirlwind trip it sounds like.
I do miss you here (and Violet & Tulip do too), but I am glad you have had such good visits with family. Happy birthday to Victoria!
What fun to read your blog update. You have had a nice long visit in the West it seems--or maybe it is just my sense of time and we all miss you from Skywriters. Lots of family events going on for you!
Well the baby is not early that is for sure!:) Going on 5 days overdue now! It was so nice to see you at the shower, what a treat you could make it!
Post a Comment