Friday, December 26, 2008

This Year's Christmas







My pictures are a bit out of order. The one just above this text was taken a few days ago. Violet is wearing her 'hoodie' and Tulip a sweater I knitted some time ago. Violet loves her hoodie, but Tulip could hardly wait to tear her sweater off!

Yesterday, Christmas day, we changed Violet into her Christmas sweater and put a flag dress on Tulip, which she cannot get off, lol. My oh my, what a well behaved little lady she was all day, lol.

We were joined by our friends Kay and Vicki and Mary's daugher Emily and 1 year old Mya and 5 year old Isaac. You can tell by the picture that Mya is walking already, and that Isaac is very tall for his age.

We had our Christmas meal at 2 pm, ham, nut loaf, sweet potato casserole, scalloped potatoes and carrots, Watergate Salad, Mandarin and Avocado Salad... and later, for dessert, Banana Cake and Sex In A Pan. (Sorry -- I didn't name it, lol.)

Between the main course and dessert, some Wii was played. Mary and I had created some Mii's in advance for our guests. Mary and I instructed, and the rest played bowling and baseball, and all had a blast.

I had an opportunity to speak to all three of my children, which was nice. I missed them, but it was good to hear their voices and know that they were having a great day.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Sex in a Pan?" What exactly is it? Curious minds want to know. I love your top Diane, beautiful. And, I can't think of the name of the artist, the Native American woman with the chili's around her, but I once had a different one by the same artist...I let it go a number of years ago and have been forever sorry...I loved it.

Your dinner sounds wonderful. Someday I hope to get to sample your culinary accomplishments. I would also love to see you at work.

I'm happy you and Mary had such a wonderful gathering for Christmas.

Anonymous said...

Oops, Anonymous is me...sorry...

Val said...

Seasons Greetings from Saskatchewan. As for your dessert, Mom made the same thing!
But what in the world is Watergate Salad?

All the best on you upcoming knee surgery,
cousin Val

Ann said...

Love the fashion parade of people and dogs, Diane. All of you look smashing and very festive. Guess dogs behave better when they're dressed nicely, just like people!

Victoria said...

Sounds and looks like a happy and beautiful - not to mention delicious -Christmas day at your house. You and Mary were really reative to design Wii programs for your guests. I wish I'd been there. And the dogs, beautifully dressed, are precious- also precious in natural fur.

I Am

I am the wind in the sails of a catamaran
moving sleekly, silently and swiftly
across a lake on an August afternoon.

I am the joy of a brilliant summer sun
the intensity of relentless whitecaps
and the excitement of impending peril
as I race wildly from shore to shore.

I am exhilaration.
I am adventure.
I am freedom itself.