Tuesday, November 4, 2008

I Voted


4 comments:

Ann said...

Yay, Voter Woman. I heard a commentator suggest that more people take pictures voting, but it would have been me taking a picture of me, which I've done before....and since I was at the beginning of a very long line, I chose not to. Your voting picture is the first I've seen. Bet there's one of Mary somewhere too!

Victoria said...

Cool to see the voting pictures. You and Mary were smart to get those. I've never thought to get voting pictures - in fact didn't know it would be allowed. Maybe next time Bob and I will get pictures.

Anonymous said...

Taking photos of this momentous occasion is such a great idea. Down the generations someone will find this photo of you voting in 2008. SO, this is definitely history in the making. Gotta remember my camera next time!

Peggy said...

Congratulations Diane. Is this your first US election? I can't remember exactly when you became a citizen.

I Am

I am the wind in the sails of a catamaran
moving sleekly, silently and swiftly
across a lake on an August afternoon.

I am the joy of a brilliant summer sun
the intensity of relentless whitecaps
and the excitement of impending peril
as I race wildly from shore to shore.

I am exhilaration.
I am adventure.
I am freedom itself.