Good morning! I love waking up here -- the air is so still and the colorful view is so peaceful, and there's something about the mountains.
On Friday evening, after having enjoyed a great visit with my longtime friend Linda earlier in the date, we got to greet Phyllis who drove up and over the mountains from Encinitas. We had a nice dinner at a well known restaurant, Wally's Desert Turtle, that has been around for thirty years. But, not as long as my friendship with Phyllis. We figured out that we have known each other for about forty-eight years!
After our dinner, we returned to The Oasis and Phyllis and I made a mad dash to the hot tub and pool at about 9:40 p.m. thinking it would close at 10:00 p.m. At 11:00 p.m. Mary appeared in her pajamas and a jacket, checking to see if we were still alive, lol. We were, so she returned to the condo and Phyllis and continued our conversation. They still had not closed the hot tub or pool down on us when we left at about 12:10 a.m. I guess they figured we weren't disturbing anyone!
Phyllis and I are only a month apart age-wise, and we will both turn sixty this summer. I asked Phyllis if she had any feelings about that. I never have felt like turning 30 or 40 or 50 was crossing a line of some sort, and neither has she. Initially Phyllis indicated that she didn't think 60 was a bit deal either, but when I said it sounded a bit too close to 70, she agreed with me! In any case, we both think turning 60 is an event for celebration!
Our conversation continued on Saturday morning until about 10:00 a.m. when she left to do a little exploring of the area on her own (she's familiar with it). It was great to see her again. It had been about 3 years since we last got together. I promised her we'd be back next year.
Shortly after Phyllis left, we went to the airport to pick up Vicki and Kay, our guests who were flying in from Milwaukee. We'd checked on the computer and they were coming in early. Once at the airport we got a call from Vicki's cell phone letting us know they were on the runway. But, it took another hour and 15 minutes for them to get their luggage! Disgusting, isn't it? I suspect that the reason was that it is the same crew loading and unloading luggage... and that they were occupied with loading the outgoing plane with the incoming luggage pushed aside until they were finished. Just my guess, but I've seen that before with a small airport like Wenatchee.
Vicki and Kay have never been to Palm Springs before and are thrilled and amazed at the beauty. They also like our quarters here. Mary and Vicki went for a walk -- just a 3 mile plus one in 95 degree weather -- and Kay and I took it easy until it was time to go out for dinner.
We dined at Shame On The Moon, a place Mary and I had been to several years ago and liked... and it was even better than we remembered! Today we have some plans. Will fill you in later!
1 comment:
Diane - Amazing that Phyllis and you have known each other for 48 years! Nice that you have such a long-time friend!
Post a Comment