Monday, April 21, 2008

Last Full Day At Writer's Retreat






We've had a great time, and the writing has been very prolific. We've been writing morning, afternoon and night, with breaks for meals and chatting, of course. It has been cool but sunny and beautiful. It is so interesting to see this area of the San Bernardino Mountains, so close to LA yet so much in the country. A great experience, for sure! I have already posted a few pictures from the inside of the home we are in, and now am posting just a few more, mainly views of the outside of the house. You can see how steep this mountain it! Included is a picture of the back porch where we were all stuck and freezing the other night. We all wrote poems about the experience the next day and had a lot of laughs. The different perspectives are amazing. Perhaps I'll post that poem when I have a chance to edit it -- at the moment it is a very long ramble!


Tomorrow we will fly out of Ontario, CA at 2 pm and arrive in Milwaukee around 10:15 pm, making a transfer through Denver. Not sure how long it will take to the airport from here -- probably only an hour but I think we'd best plan for longer!


Looking forward to my own bed and seeing our sweet dogs again soon!

No comments:

I Am

I am the wind in the sails of a catamaran
moving sleekly, silently and swiftly
across a lake on an August afternoon.

I am the joy of a brilliant summer sun
the intensity of relentless whitecaps
and the excitement of impending peril
as I race wildly from shore to shore.

I am exhilaration.
I am adventure.
I am freedom itself.