Tuesday, February 2, 2010

You've Got To Be Kidding!

I have not posted since November 27th??? Good grief. I guess this gives an indication of how busy I was preparing for our three week Asian adventure, then a colonoscopy right after I got home, then Christmas, New Years and now... it's Ground Hog day! If Ground Hog day is accurate, no shadow either where I am now (Arlington, WA) or where I normally live, New Berlin, WI. No shadow! That means early spring!

I got here on Friday, January 29th, went to Canada on January 30th, returned January 31st, and now, here I am two days later. This was a last minute trip for me, after looking at my calendar and realizing it was the only clear week I had to go... so I immediately bought my airline ticket. I was able to get hold of Hallie and Summer to let them know I was coming, but did not succeed in getting hold of Laney or Byron, and I never left a message.


On Friday, Summer and the kids picked me up at the airport. We had a nice lunch at The Red Mill, then went to their home where I played Wii Fit with the kids. Fun! When Brad was finished working we went to the Outback for supper, and then they all drove me to my townhome. Since I'd been up early, I was exhausted, too tired to make any phone callsto Laney or Byron. So I called on Saturday morning, and it turned out Laney was having a dinner that night for her family, so she invited me and Byron to come. I drove up on Saturday afternoon, had a lovely dinner with Laney's family and Byron, then stayed overnight and the next day went to visit Mum with Laney. Later we had lunch at a wonderful Irish restaurant, and then I crossed the border and drove back to Arlington. I was there for less than half an hour before I got back in the car and drove to Brad and Summer's, and after not too long, we all went to Hallie and Greg's home for a wonderful dinner. Yum!

I've been enjoying my delightful grandchildren, all three of my children, my sister Laney, two of her children and their spouses, and 3 of the 4 of Laney's grands. I also got to visit briefly with Laney's California daughter, her spouse, and her 1 year old son by Skype! Here are some pictures...of course, they all went in backwards, lol.

This is my son Brad with his wife Summer.



Here are my grandchildren, Travis, Victoria and Madeline. On Monday night I got to watch them all swim, Victoria on swim team, and Travis and Madeline in lessons. It is amazing to see how they progress between my visits!



Mum and me together, with her 'baby'. I was shocked to find out that Mum can still read! It was a very nice visit, and I was glad for the opportunity.



This is Elliott, Laney's fiance, who was off work that day just in time for dinner. He also helped bail out Byron by providing him with a hearing aid battery. Both Byron and Elliott have significant hearing loss in both ears, and one of Byron's hearing aids had gone out just as he arrived at Laney's. With Elliott's help, Byron's visit was a lot pleasanter!



This is Aaron, Laney's son, the husband of Stephanie and father of Declan and Lilah whom you will see in another picture.



This is Julie, one of Laney's three daughters, the wife of Greg, and the mother of Cali.



Cali! She is such a sweetheart, and will turn 2 in a couple of weeks.



Aaron's wife Stephanie with their soon to be 1 year old Declan.



Greg, Julie's husband and father of Cali.



My son Byron.



My sister Laney.




3 comments:

Peggy said...

I enjoyed seeing all the photos very much! Fun to see the people you talk about! Enjoy the rest of your trip.

Judy Roney said...

How nice it is to see your photos and hear about your trip. Your grandchildren have all grown up so much. It was nice being able to see some of Laney's children. I did not realize that Byron has
hearing loss. Bill has hearing aids that he rarely wears and it's really frustrating to me.
I'm so glad you were able to see all your family while there. Enjoy.

nva said...

Good to put face to names. It must be great to be able to catch up with all the family when you are so far away for most of the year. Does your Mother recognise you?

I Am

I am the wind in the sails of a catamaran
moving sleekly, silently and swiftly
across a lake on an August afternoon.

I am the joy of a brilliant summer sun
the intensity of relentless whitecaps
and the excitement of impending peril
as I race wildly from shore to shore.

I am exhilaration.
I am adventure.
I am freedom itself.