Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Yup, I'm back in Wisconsin!

In fact, I've been here a while. Left Honolulu on the 29th of October at 4:15 pm Hawaiian time and arrived at O'Hare at 5:15 am Central time on October 30th. Mary picked up Tulip and Violet while I drove to get prescriptions. I then came home to take a nap, but all I could think about was that I should be seeing a doctor because I was coughing so hard and wheezing badly and this had gone on for too long. While in Hawaii I tryed to deny this, did things anyway, enjoyed myself... but after I got home I knew I needed treatment. I was diagnosed with severe bronchitis and asthma, was given a prescription for an antibiotic and told to use my inhaler.

Things started to get better but by Tuesday I realized I wasn't making much progress so I went back to the walk-in clinic. This time I was prescribed prednisone, starting with a very strong dose and decreasing doses for 6 days. Now I feel much closer to normal, but there is still a lot of junk in my breathing tubes that needs to get out.

I'm so sick of being sick! And I must note that I have never heard of so many people battling colds and the flu so early in the season. Well enough complaining for now!

3 comments:

Victoria said...

I hope you are continueing to feel better. Way too much sick!

Ann said...

Here's to speedy healing! The bugs this season seem particularly vicious. Going to have an orange and pop a vitamin C tablet!

Judy Roney said...

I am so glad you went to the Dr. when you needed to, Di. This is a strange and scary year so far for illnesses. Seems like so many have really bad colds, flu, or pneumonia. I know how a bad cough like you have can just drain you of energy. I do hope you are better now.

I Am

I am the wind in the sails of a catamaran
moving sleekly, silently and swiftly
across a lake on an August afternoon.

I am the joy of a brilliant summer sun
the intensity of relentless whitecaps
and the excitement of impending peril
as I race wildly from shore to shore.

I am exhilaration.
I am adventure.
I am freedom itself.