Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Flowers in our Yard

The front door. (That chair shouldn't be there, lol.)





Brown-eyed susans on the front lawn area.




One of the pots on the deck bench.



Roses at the other end of the bench... and the dogs' yard in the background.




One of four hanging baskets in the back yard.


More brown-eyed susans in the back corner of the yard, near the dogs' yard.



Sedums against the hot tub privacy fence... will be turning brilliant pink soon as fall approaches.







A view of rose-of-sharons in bloom from the kitchen sink window.












4 comments:

Victoria said...

I love seeing all the beautiful flowers that you and Mary grow - so much color!

Belle said...

Your landscaping is beautiful, and your hanging baskets. I had a reverse Garrison style house in MA, and hung the baskets all along the overhang on the back of the house where the deck and the patio were...I miss northern gardening. I had flower gardens, flower rock gardens, herb gardens, vegetable gardens. Thank you for the memories and the eye candy of your photos of your gardens

Peggy said...

I love seeing all the photos of the flowers in your yard! I like seeing landscaping in different parts of the country. I hope it is still around now that it is the end of September and cooler weather has set in. Soon you will have beautiful leaves I guess.

Judy Roney said...

Your flowers are always stunning, Diane. I wish I had your green thumb. I love seeing them.

I Am

I am the wind in the sails of a catamaran
moving sleekly, silently and swiftly
across a lake on an August afternoon.

I am the joy of a brilliant summer sun
the intensity of relentless whitecaps
and the excitement of impending peril
as I race wildly from shore to shore.

I am exhilaration.
I am adventure.
I am freedom itself.