Saturday, July 4, 2009

Independence Day












Well, it's the 4th of July and we'll have company in a couple of hours. I'm cooking kebabs on the grill... beef, chicken and shrimp. Weather seems a bit cool for swimming in the pool, but we'll see. Frustrating! It seems it's either too cold or too hot this year, never perfect. Ah well.

These pictures are from a couple of days ago, after I'd returned home from playing golf. Mary is so jealous that I have a picture of BOTH dogs cuddling on my lap! That doesn't happen often, lol.

I'm including some cute pictures of Mary's grandchildren, Mya, 19 months old, and Isaac, well on the way to age 6. (Birthday in September.) They are here pretty much 5 days a week for 10-11 hours a day. Mary takes them to the Y a lot and local parks when the weather is nice. She also, as a former teacher, works with Isaac on learning to read, do math etc. I help out a bit, when I can, but Mary takes the brunt of it.

Mya LOVES shoes, lol. As you can see, EVERYONE'S shoes! (The ones you see are Mary's!)

Have a good 4th of July all, and my Canadian relatives, hope you had a great time on July 1st, Canada's birthday!

6 comments:

Sue said...

Thanks for the update Di. Beautiful Grands with happy faces.

Peggy said...

Great to see you posting on your blog again Diane. I enjoy seeing both you and Mary commenting on things and the variety in your comments. That Hawaiian shirt is a great color on you, by the way. And I have not thought of kabobs in a while--thanks for the inspiration as people always seem to like them. Happy July 4th! (belatedly)

Victoria said...

Happy post - and darling Mya with Mary's shoes. The kabobs make me hungry even in themiddle of the night.

Lynne said...

Oh yummmm, Diane! Those kebobs look delish. I must have lost my invitation to dinner that night - LOL. The pictures of the kids are great. Thanks for sharing these.
Lynne

Judy Roney said...

What fun to see the photos of you, Mary, Mya and Isaac. They are all such great photos. I didn't realize that it was unusual to have both dogs sitting with you. That is a great photo. When I haven't seen a photo of you for a few months I'm always anxious to see your hair because it changes often. :) It looks great. ;)

Judy Roney said...

What wonderful photos, Di. You look great. Love the photo of Mya and Mary and Isaac and Mya and you and Tulip. Love seeing your family relaxed at home.

I Am

I am the wind in the sails of a catamaran
moving sleekly, silently and swiftly
across a lake on an August afternoon.

I am the joy of a brilliant summer sun
the intensity of relentless whitecaps
and the excitement of impending peril
as I race wildly from shore to shore.

I am exhilaration.
I am adventure.
I am freedom itself.